MISSION STATEMENTThe Mission of the Town of Woody Point is to provide a lead role in the promotion, sustainable development, and protection of our natural beauty and rich cultural heritage, through ensuring the support of the community while maintaining the integrity and uniqueness of the lifestyle of our citizens.
* We believe in the cooperation of other communities in the region
* We believe in the good stewardship of public funds
* We believe in the importance of good public relations to ensure open communication with the residents
* We believe in the openness of decision making
* We believe in the equality of service
* We value contributions, skills, and abilities of all members of the organization
* We value and respect people and property
* We value recreation opportunities for our residents
* We value health and safety of residents
Woody Point is a beautiful and historic town located in the heart of Gros Morne National Park, in Newfoundland and Labrador. The Town of Woody Point encompasses three areas, Curzon Village, Woody Point and Winterhouse Brook. It has a total population of 281 residents.
There is a system of community walking trails to enjoy. The Discovery Trail, which goes from the school, Bonne Bay Academy, to Gros Morne National Park’s Discovery Centre, affords a spectacular bird’s eye view of Bonne Bay, the Tablelands and Gros Morne Mountain.
Woody Point has a beautiful waterfront with many heritage buildings and in 2010 was designated a Registered Heritage District. In and around the town-site you will find Heritage Homes and structures, some of which are:
The St. Patricks Church built in 1875.
The Hezekiah House built in 1870.
The Woody Point Heritage Theatre (formally the Loyal Orange Lodge) built in 1908.
The John William Roberts House built in the early 1900’s.
The Roberts Traditional Fishing Shed built also built in the early 1900’s.
Browse through the other pages on this site to find out what the Woody Point area has to offer. Learn about Woody Point’s rich history, vibrant business community, beautiful scenery and diverse culture.
We hope to see you here!!
Watch this Video on the Historic Woody Point Heritage Theatre